[2009] Nonlinear finite element method models for ultimate strength analysis of steel stiffened-plate structures under combined biaxial compression and lateral pressure actions : Part II Stiffened panels > Selected Papers

본문 바로가기

Selected Papers

[2009] Nonlinear finite element method models for ultimate strength an…

페이지 정보

Author Admin 작성일09-11-04 11:33 Hit69,357 Count Comments0 Count

본문

Thin-Walled Structures
Vol.47, Issue 8-9, pp.998-1007, August-September 2009

Nonlinear finite element method models for ultimate strength analysis of steel stiffened-plate structures under combined biaxial compression and lateral pressure actions : Part II Stiffened panels

Author(s): Jeom Kee Paik and Jung Kwan Seo

Abstract:
The present paper (Part II) is a sequel to the previous paper (Part I) [Paik JK, Seo JK. Nonlinear finite element method models for ultimate strength analysis of steel stiffened-plate structures under combined biaxial compression and lateral pressure actions—Part I: Plate elements. Thin-Walled Struct 2008, this issue, doi:10.1016/j.tws.2008.08.005.] on the application of nonlinear finite element methods for ultimate strength analysis of steel stiffened-plate structures under combined biaxial compression and lateral pressure actions. In contrast to Part I dealing with plate elements, the present paper (Part II) treats stiffened panels surrounded by strong support members such as longitudinal girders and transverse frames. In similar to Part I, some important factors of influence such as structural dimensions, initial imperfections, loading types and computational techniques in association with ultimate limit states are studied. Some useful insights in terms of nonlinear finite element method modeling are developed using ANSYS code together with the ALPS/ULSAP semi-analytical method, the latter being for the purpose of a comparison.

Comment List

There's no comments